Score Predictions for College Football Games Week #4
With lots of Colleges in the State of Georgia playing their games this Saturday, September 23rd, here are my Predictions:
- First up is the Mercer Bears, after winning their season opener vs the Jacksonville Dolphins 48-7, they have had some difficulty getting their starting QB, Kaelyn Riley, to play consistent football. This has caused the Bears to lose the following 2 games bringing them to a 1-2 record. They take on a 1-2 East Tennessee State team who also has struggled at times and is having a hard time running the ball. After a big opening game for ETS RB, Jajuan Stinson, he has been silenced for the past two games. I see this being a battle as both teams are having trouble with key players staying consistent.
- Prediction: Mercer 30 – East Tennessee 24
- Next are the Georgia State Panthers, still unable to get in the winning column, they have struggled to get any points on the board as they are averaging a sad 5 points a game. This week they are also battling a team that has yet to win in the Charlotte 49ers. The only real difference between these 2 teams is that Charlotte averages 15 points because their QB has a few TD passes this season. The spread is -1, so basically this is a toss up game, any team can win. Since last week they scored 31 points, they show more promise offensively im going to have to go with Charlotte 49ers.
- Prediction: Charlotte 24 – Georgia State 14 (Although, I do hope Georgia State proves me wrong)
- Another one (as DJ Khalid says) Georgia team that I’m going to have to pick against… Georgia Southern is yet 1 more team that hasn’t found their identity which has led to a 0-2 record. Facing a superior team this week in Indiana, who has a 1-1 record and had their game against FIU cancelled last week, looks to build on their last win and throw the ball all around the field. With their WR’s catching long balls, look for Indiana to run away with this game early.
- Prediction: Indiana 52 – Georgia Southern 10
- A bye week for Kennesaw State (the only school that isn’t GT or UGA to perform well this season) has them preparing for a September 30th battle with North Greenville. After starting the season off with a loss to Samford, the Owls have bounced back and won their next 2 games, giving them a 2-1 record. With multiple playmakers on the team in QB, Chandler Brooks, who not only is a weapon in the passing game but also with his legs, has helped put the Owls on the board in multiple key situations. They face a North Greenville team that knows how to put points on the board with their high powered offense.
- It’s honestly too early to choose but Kennesaw State 42 – North Greenville 38
- The No. 11 Georgia Bulldogs, take on SEC West No. 17 Mississippi State Bulldogs in Athens. In what looks to be the best College Game of Week #4, many predict this game to be in favor of Mississippi State to pull off an upset, but I just can’t see that happening. After both teams have played 3 games and both have 3-0 records, it’s only right for the REAL Bulldogs to come out top! Georgia, will work with Jake Fromm behind center and leading rusher, Nick Chubb in the backfield as they look to wear down the Mississippi defense with a nonstop rushing attack. Yes this will be a offensive battle, but the winning team will be whichever defense tackles in the open field, hustles every play, and rushes the QB. With all those qualities needed to win a game of this magnitude, I see Georgia continuing to contain the dual threat QB in Nick Fitzgerald and rely on Lorenzo Carter and Davin Bellamy to step up big once again!
- Prediction: Georgia 34-Mississippi State 31
- ATTENTION: It’s officially time for Georgia Tech Football to be back! After a cancelled game against UCF on September 16th, the Yellow Jackets head back home and prepare for Pittsburgh! The Yellow Jackets coming off 37-10 victory 2 weeks ago, look for starting QB, TaQuon Marshall, to pick up where he left off! As he continues to preform well on a daily basis, he is becoming one of College Football’s best dual threat QB’s along side Lamar Jackson. As Marshall has 6 rushing TD’s in 2 games, he will try to set a tone in this game displaying that he isn’t afraid to run the ball and make the defense pay. Pittsburgh on the other hand, is 1-2 after losing the past two games to top 10 opponents and lost in double digits. After losing senior RB, James Conner to the draft, Pittsburgh has had trouble finding that one running back to take the work load.
- Prediction: Georgia Tech 45 – Pittsburgh 20
Follow our Facebook facebook.com/404theBEAT
for up-to-date news, score predictions, and game recaps