Atlanta Hawks Release Training Camp Roster
With the season right around the corner and the 1st Preseason Game against Miami set to be played on October 1st, the Hawks release their 20 man Training Camp Roster.
The following players will be fighting to earn a roster spot on this years team:
- On August 9th, Babbitt signed with the Hawks after playing with the Heat last year. Look for him to get more minutes than the 15 he was given last year.
- A veteran on this team now that a lot of the players from last years team were traded, look for him and Dennis Schroder to run the offense.
- In a blockbuster trade that sent Dwight Howard to Charlotte, the Hornets trade Belinelli and Miles Plumlee to Atlanta. Look for Marco to solidify a spot on this roster for his veteran presence.
- In his rookie year, Bembry had a career high 10 points in 2 games but suffered a strained right tricep that sidelined him for 6 weeks and ended his rookie season.
- Atlanta claimed Brussino off waivers after he was dropped by the Dallas Mavericks after posting 2.8 points per game. Look for Brussino to develop as a player inside the Hawks organization.
- After being signed by the Hawks at the end of July, look for Cavanaugh to develop in the Hawks G League.
- Drafted in the 1st round 19th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, John Collins looks to be a key part in the rebuild of the Hawks team. Collins as many fans believe will be a starter come season start.
- Picked up by Atlanta after posting 5.8 points per game with the Dallas Mavericks. Cook being an explosive player, could help speed up the game for the Hawks.
- After signing with Atlanta on July 21st, Dedmon has shown flashes of his potential that he hopes to repeat in Atlanta.
- After announcing he had some undisclosed family troubles his rookie season, Delaney looks to focus more of basketball and let the game heal him as he lives on without his brother.
- Drafted in the 2nd round 41st overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, Tyler Dorsey looks to make a roster spot and score by stretching out the defense.
- After playing with a Russian team in 2016, Evans returns to the NBA courtesy of the Atlanta Hawks.
- After being traded from the 76er’s in exchange for Tiago Splitter, Illyasova made an instant impact for the Hawks. Following a decent stint with Atlanta, he resigned with them on July 21st.
- After being with the Hawks from 2012-2015, Jenkins returns to the club after short stints with the Mavericks and Suns.
- After playing in Russia, the Hawks signed Matthews to a camp deal to give him a shot at making the team.
- After playing for the Hawks summer league and having shown improvement, the Hawks resigned him on July 25th after exercising his option in 2016.
- Traded to Atlanta with teammate Marco Belinelli for Dwight Howard, look for both to make the roster and an impact of the bench.
- After a breakout rookie season and posting a record for becoming the 1st ever Hawks rookie to reach double-figures in 4 playoff games, look for Prince to make the 13 man roster!
- Now the team leader in scoring, look for Dennis to step up and be the vocal leader of the team. He and Kent Bazemore being the veterans in Atlanta, will have the duties of keeping the team in check and mentally prepared day in and day out.